Friday, November 8, 2013

Kayvan's magical interior design skills

IMG_4135 IMG_4145 IMG_4157 IMG_4140 IMG_4148 IMG_8580 IMG_8588 
IMG_8558
IMG_8586
IMG_8561

I have had the pleasure twice to dine in a Persian restaurant that Kayvan designed the interiors for.  The first time I visited I was so in love I could not focus and took random pictures everywhere.  This time I was less flustered and was able to take pictures of Kayvan displayinh his work.  I love the colors he choes and the over all feel.  He painted all the paislys by hand and molded all the details around the chandeliers.  The framed art works that are above both my head and Kayvan's are reief or embossed or raised carvings with a velvety or flocked surface!  I was naughty and touched them after asking for permission.  My favorite part would have to be the abundance of chandeliers, and the garden that is a sliver of one of the walls.  Last time I came during Persian New year and there was a table displayed so magically, with differant symbolic items.

10 comments:

Nora said...

Oh what a lovely restaurant! Where is that exactly? :) I'm not sure I've ever had Persian dishes - are they close to Turkish food?

Nicole Eymard said...

The restaurant is in the burrow of Finchley in London. Some of Persian food is like turkish food like the grill. But the rest is uniquely persian. The turkish food that is similar originated in Iran, but the rice is better, and the skills in cooking the meat are better, and everything is presented really beautifully. I would have to say that some of the dishes (uniquely Persian) almost taste like a cross between mexican and french food. I can easily now say that its my favorite food...mexican being second

in the ruins of Berlin said...

I love the warmth of the styles and colours, very inviting! xxx

molly rebecca said...

SO BEAUTIFUL AND DREAMY!

thorne garnet said...

what a beautiful place

Nicole Eymard said...

It is isn't it!!?

Nicole Eymard said...

I know, I love it so much.

Nicole Eymard said...

Yes, I think that is what he does best, he really takes great care of how people will feel in the room, and has really good taste in colors.

SharkFight said...

Okay- Im a little confused. Are you not married to your ex anymore? This new (?) gentleman looked similar to him on the small iPhone screen, and now that Im at a proper laptop it looks like a different person. Not trying to be rude, just trying to keep up and battle my confused, aging brain :)

Nicole Eymard said...

If you want, email me at LDVNICOLE@gmail.com and I can give you the juicy details :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin