Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Transitional and reflective January



Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Sorry to be a stranger!

I must say the past two years have not been easy settling into London
But seriously when would moving to a new country be?
The one occasion that has always stays tried and true, despite the extensive twists and turns
have been my leisurely visits to the wide variety of FREE museums here in London town.
My spirits always rise (maybe soar) each time I am able to visit my favorites.
I especially feel warm and fuzzy as well as a flood of over excitement when I enter The Biritish museum
This post is dedicated to the latest treasures I've found and a toast to 2013!

Outfit:

Hat Wimple: 1960s Knit body with cream fur rim that wraps around the face (Soooo warm!)
Coat: 1960s red coat with cream fur cuffs from Bohemian Bisoux

9 comments:

thorne garnet said...

beautiful photos. That jewelry is so pretty

melina bee said...

so beautiful, I love the golden bird earrings especially. What have you found to be the biggest challenges to settling in? also the biggest cultural differences you've noticed?

Lally MacBeth said...

Oh my gosh The British Museum is just the best ever! There are always new delights to be found there. Have you been to the Sir John Soane Museum? I think you'd love it. Its the most amazing place, filled with wonderful objects and just the most beautiful house!

I know how you feel about London. I have lived here for nearly 4 years and I still sometimes feel all at sea!

Lally X

Hannah Metz said...

I want to come back for multiple museum visits with you!


Happy New Year Nicole, I hope to see you sometime in it! :D xx

Nicole Eymard said...

YOU NEED TO COME BACK! It will be in a new place though, since Im moving into my new place on Feb. 1st!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously I will see you this year!!

Nicole Eymard said...

I have been to the Soane Museum, and I dont think I was able to take pictures :( I loved it soo much though! Most of my difficulties living here are because of personal things, so I should get my sea legs soon!

Nicole Eymard said...

Thanks! Yeah the jewelry section is slobber worthy!

Nicole Eymard said...

The social structure of London is very very different It took me a while to not take certain behaviors personally. Now that I get it, it doesn't faze me. I think that because I have so many international mixed culture friends it has really helped, and made my life better more interesting and easier.

Maxens M. Finch said...

I love free museums. I go more often to galleries, because museums in France are only free/less expensive for some categories of people (children, teenagers, seniors, some disabled people, students, etc.) and I couldn't prove it by a card when I was still under 18 because I'm messy and lost my identity card! Now I've been told I may be in one category, but 1. I would just lose another card 2. I'm too lazy to check if any applies to me and fill forms! Still, museums are a great source of inspiration! Thanks for the photos! Galleries also have some newer artists that I wouldn't be able to see in museums, which is good. These just lacks historical finds...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin