Saturday, November 13, 2010

HEEELLPP!! Last minute New York trip!!! I need a place to stay! Picture in one of my favorite stores!

HEEEEELPPPP!
So I'm going to New York next week if I can find a place to stay.
My friend Kaylin (in this post and the post below) is having an interview with Nanette Lepore!
Pierre and I would love to accompany her, but we need shelter :) haha
We would be staying from Nov. wed. 17th to  wed. 24th 
I promise to shower whoever hosts us with little presents, groceries, and anything else they need!
thanks guys!

On with the outfit photos, introduction to one of my fav stores, and a victorian flower making kit in a box!

Photoshoot with my sis:


Kaylin, my mom and I went to have ice cream and visit one of my most favorite stores: Tail of the yak!


Victorian flower-making kit in a box from Tail of the Yak


Aaah sorry...more outfit shots


Top: Velvet and sheer body suit, with flocked swirls, from Thrift town in  San Leandro
Skirt: Early 1950s, felt and sequined flowers and leaves on velvet from  Goldmine trash
Shoes in sister shoot: 1930s silk art deco house shoes (oops worn outside) from: Lou lou's vintage
Shoes in this last shoot: Gold F21
Hat: Crinoline loops and a bow made in the Early 1940s from Torso Vintage SF
Eyeshadow: Color I mixed myself with: Make Up Forever aquarelle

12 comments:

Caitlin said...

oh my god, that picture of me sprawled out on the floor, is TOO much! hahahahha I love this post the colors are amazing! especially in the store!!!

Unknown said...

hahah I know it kills me!

Unknown said...

ARGH!!! Visual overload I am having heart palpitations! I know I keep repeating myself, but OH MY GOD that hat is to die for and where is this shop? DREAM COME TRUE much? I must go there one day! Good luck with your hunt for somwhere to stay sorry I cant help, if you come to London i'm your lady! xx

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly-marie! I'm actually moving to London next year in the spring!! So if you could hook me up with fashion connections (Im looking for jobs) you can email me at ldvnicole@gmail.com I will be making a post about it when it get near moving time :)

Unknown said...

YES!! This is SO exciting! :) I'll email you tomorrow. x

Kitty Von Purr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty Von Purr said...

Hello ! I am in Nashville so am of no help to you BUT if you get stuck
here is a link to a fab little secret ~ CHEAP accommodation in NYC ! Run & owned by nuns, so if you do not mind a Virgin Mary to two this might be your place !!!
http://stmarysresidence.blogspot.com/

My name is Giacobba said...

cute photos!

mispapelicos said...

If i lived in New York, you would come and stay with me. Then, I could steal that wonderful skirt, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Love all the pics, especially the one with the angel tangled up in the decoration.wowwwwwwwww.
I see in the comments that you are moving to London or just visiting????
Un abrazo muy fuerte.
Ah, I have chosen a pearl necklace that I shall show you all when it arrives.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mary van note said...

You got the hat!!!! YAY!!!!!

Love the impromptu trip to NY. I hope you find some shelter. Wish I could go with you guys and we could all stay at my step-brother's house.

The victorian flower kit is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! And I love seeing the bodysuit matched with the new skirt. LOVE IT!

reckless daughter said...

I adore these photos.

PS: have a wonderful NY trip. me = jealous.

harps said...

Wow that Victorian flower making kit is beautiful. I can't think if a more worthy owner than you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin