Friday, June 5, 2009

fabric salamander vs. clay chameleon



Outfit of the day
Tunic design and pattern made by me
skirt H&M
shoes Harajuku Lovers
1920 ribbon

IMG_8574 by you.IMG_8571 by you.IMG_8565 by you.IMG_8564 by you.
While at my mother in law's house
there is plenty of down time
So I bought air dry clay and paint
and made some pins

IMG_8634 by you.

In the 1950's it was fashionable
to wear live chameleons
with little chain harnesses.
I am working on my final school collection
with this in mind as my sole inspiration.

(If you know anything about this or have seen pictures, I would be happy to hear anything since I am researching non stop!)

(I promise to keep you posted)

I have made
a brooch version for now

IMG_8613 by you.IMG_8605 by you.IMG_8600 by you.

other random brooches

IMG_8631 by you.IMG_8627 by you.IMG_8624 by you.

To everyone who has contributed:
Thank you so much for the suggestions
in Glasgow and Barcelona
keep them coming!


15 comments:

jacklyn said...

wow really love the clay creations.may i know how it is done?if u would like to share.:)

Unknown said...

To jacklyn: The first photo of the package is a visual of the brand of air dry clay. I just molded what I wanted with my fingers, let it dry, then painted them with acrylic paint that I mixed from the primary colors.

Barima said...

Quite the sense of fun and lively grace you have in some of your outfits. I also enjoyed seeing some of your designs. Thanks for dropping by my page before. Be "seeing" you soon and have an excellent weekend

Chelsea said...

I always failed at air dry clay, i tryed to make sushi with it once. Are you visiting England or just Scotand on your travels?

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole!

Don't know if you remember this fabric I bought a VERY long time ago. It became a skirt!

Photos here:
http://lady-croissant.blogspot.com/2009/06/circus-club.html

Enjoy your time in Toulouse :)

Tigerlily said...

The lizard brooch is very nice !

Isabel said...

That salamander brooch is just so cute! You have the best style ever.

Neira said...

that pink skirt is so gorgeous! i always love your skirts!

Noa Raviv said...

I love the shoes!!

http://hookthelook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Go salamandra... fantastic ! ;D

Robin Bailey said...

Oh, I love the chameleon.
I also wish I had the skill to work air dry clay so well.

The pins are so much fun.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Very lovely clay brooches! Dry clay is soooo difficult to work with, imo! Or maybe that I'm just bad at it.

Yours Truly, x said...

I've just found a photo of my mother in Cyprus as a child with two lizards on her cardigan - would you like me to forward it to you for your research?

Unknown said...

To Kerry Lockwood: Pleas do send the pictures!!! Thank you so much for responding and sending the pictures to me!!! my email is ldvnicole@gmail.com
again thank you soooooooooooo muchh!!!

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

Awwww you are so cute and so is your blog. I love your style!!

If you get a chance, come by my blog and check it out and maybe follow too. http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com/

Have a nice weekend :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin